Monday, February 11, 2008

Crossing things off the "to do knit list"

This weekend, I focused on more project completions and finally finished my Seashell Lace Neck Warmer. I knit it with two strands of a delicious shade of Artyarns Cashmere 2, a pale pink and green combination and used a matching Regal silk (same colorway) to craft the i- cord tie. Will post a photo soon. I made some more felted bowls and worked on and almost finished my daughter's Misti Alpaca sport weight fingerless gloves. I chose to knit these on dps US sizes 3 and 4- just love those small needles. I got some US 1's and they are so neat. Can't wait to try something with them. Much as I adore the speed of larger needles, delicate knits on small needles are so much fun and I've tried some lace with them and wow, these produce the most fine knits.

Looking forward to the beginning of my socks' workshop that begins tomorrow (or is that today, already?) and some more workshops up at Stratton Ski Resort later in the month. Yarns for Your Soul in Manchester, Vt will be sponsoring them once again. The Salons have been popular and I am enjoying all of the many knitters and crocheters who have joined us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home