Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fiber Frenzy

I am in a current state of fiber frenzy. Am still setting up the loom. Today, I wound most of the warp onto the back beam in sectional fashion. A tedious task, winding section by section, turning the big beam by hand, yard after yard. 29 turns per section times 25 times. I try my darndest to keep track of the turns, it is easy to make a mistake in the count. I am almost done and then the next task will be threading the loom, or tying on my threads to an already previously threaded warp. Have got to get this done as I have orders for prayer shawls for mid-May deliveries and I am not even near ready to begin weaving yet!!!

Lots on the needles, too, lace on Artyarns' luscious Cameo, the cashmere and mohair combination, the coolest sock (still on the very first one) in Farmhouse Yarns, handdyed sock wool. My friend Linda got this for me in pinks and yellows and greens. I just love the colors and the socks are divine. I started another cotton baby hat this evening and am still knitting the "Curtain Call Shrug" from Lion Brand in a great soft tweedy wool and alpaca mix.

To top it off, I've got to get my brain and pen in a fiber mode as well, as I finish up my next piece for Yarn Market News. The best part of this is chatting with so many great knitters and hearing about their shops and their stories. It always confirms all my best thoughts and wishes about the craft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home